Oakland created a five-car lineup for 1915. It was based entirely on the Light Four and Light Six chassis. Left-hand steering was now used on all Oakland models. Standard equipment included a one-man top equipped with storm-proof side curtains, full running boards, a Stewart speedometer, a taillight, headlights with a dimmer switch, a shroud light, and an electric horn. The Model 37 speedster featured low-cut side panels, twin bucket seats, a folding windshield, a toolbox, and two spare tires on a platform behind seats. The Model 6-49 also included a motor-driven tire pump.
Only two surviving Oakland speedsters are known, the 1915 Model 37 in the Guyton Collection, and a 1916 Model 38 of virtually identical specifications in the renowned Simeone Foundation Automobile Museum.
Year production for all Oaklands in 1915 totaled 11,952 cars.
ENGINE [Model 37]: Four-cylinder. Bore & stroke: 3-1/2 x 5 in. Displacement: 192.4 cid. Horsepower: 30. Water-cooled.
ENGINE [Model 6-49]: Six-cylinder. Bore & stroke: 3-1/2 x 5 in. Displacement: 288.9 cid. Horsepower: 30. Water-cooled.
Model 37: Wedge-connection brake rods that eliminated bearing use; tubular propeller shaft; self-cleaning brake lever rockers.
Model 6-49: Deleo electrical system featuring low-tension magneto; storage battery and dry cells; three-speed-sliding selective gear transmission; and leather-faced cone clutch.
Both Models: Oakland-Stewart vacuum-gravity fuel-feed system.
Image: RM | Sotheby’s – THE GUYTON COLLECTION 4 – 5 MAY 2019
POWER - CONTROL - PERFOMANCE
|- Sold for $72.800 - RM | Sotheby's - THE GUYTON COLLECTION 4 - 5 MAY 2019||- 192.4 cid. - Four-cylinder.|
|- Normal||- 30 HP|
|-||- Manual, 3-speed|