MAF F 5 / 14 PS (1914)
The Markranstädter Automobilfabrik (MAF) was a German company in Markranstädt that produced automobiles between 1909 and 1923.
Hugo Ruppe founded the Markranstädt automobile factory in 1909, and the cars produced by the company were sold under the MAF brand. In 1911 Ruppe had to file for bankruptcy, but the company was acquired by a group of investors and could continue to exist under Ruppe's technical management. After the outbreak of war in 1914, Ruppe was called up as a soldier and production was interrupted due to the war.
Apollo-Werke AG, which emerged from another company of the Ruppe family and had its headquarters in Apolda, took over the company in 1921 and continued operations in Markranstädt as Plant II. Production ended in 1923.
The first model was the type D 4/12 HP from 1909 to 1913, whose air-cooled four-cylinder engine with a displacement of 1192 cm³ produced 12 HP. 1913 followed the type F 5/14 HP with 1375 cm³ cubic capacity and 14 HP as well as the G 6/16 HP with 1620 cm³ cubic capacity and 16 HP.
After the First World War the previous model type F 5/14 hp and the 6/18 hp were produced again as successors of the G 6/16 hp, as well as the 8/25 hp and the large model 14/35 hp, whose four-cylinder engine produced 35 hp.
An example of the type F 5/14 HP from 1914 is exhibited in the Cité de l'Automobile in Mulhouse, France. The city of Markranstädt owns two vehicles. In addition, a collector in Saxony still has a copy of this car brand and another (type 5/14) in Echternacherbrück.
Los ajustes de cookies de esta web están configurados para "permitir cookies" y así ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de navegación posible. Si sigues utilizando esta web sin cambiar tus ajustes de cookies o haces clic en "Aceptar" estarás dando tu consentimiento a esto.