The “Packard Model 3-25 Twin-Six Brougham” (1918) came with a 12-cylinder V-engine and a cylinder capacity of 6950 cc | 424.1 cu in. transmitting a force of 90 hp @ 2600 RPM. Designed by Colonel Jesse Vincent. This engine drove the company’s prestige models until 1922.
With a capacity for 6 passengers, its wheelbase was 125 in | 3175 mm.
Mechanical changes included a redesigned electrical system, improved heads for better breathing and cooling, and the “Fuelizer” intake manifold to help vaporize inlet gases with the help of its own spark plug. The ball-end gear lever was shifted to the center of the floor, where it would remain until the column shift in the late Thirties.
The engine in the “Twin Six” was nearly seven liters, with a single carburetor, and was renowned for its smooth acceleration in high gear. The engine was placed into a chassis that was an evolution of Packard’s previous models. The engine was mated to a smooth shifting three-speed transaxle and there were rear mechanical brakes.
POWER - CONTROL - PERFOMANCE
|- $5,050 (1918)||- V12 6950 cc | 424.1 cu in. | 7.0 L.|
|- Normal||- 90 HP @ 2600 RPM|
|- 4392 lbs | 1992.178 kg||- 3 Manual torque arm differential. Multi-disc clutch|
|-||- 70 mph|
|- 1918||- Wheelbase : 126.5 in | 3213 mm.|
|- Mechanical rear brakes.||-|
|- 35 x 5||- +6|