In August 1947, Imperia relaunched the manufacture of a model of its own design, the TA-8. It is a front-wheel drive similar to the pre-war models but the German Adler engine, which has become unavailable, is replaced by a Hotchkiss mechanism.
Imperia acquired in Paris the stock of engines that were initially intended for the Amilcar Compound. It is a 1340 cm³ (65 x 95 mm) in-line 4-cylinder engine with 45 hp and a three-gear transmission.
The TA-8 is available with three different body styles: two-door sedan, four-seater luxury convertible and two-seater Sport roadster. About a hundred units were manufactured until 1949. The TA-8 was the last Belgian private car.
POWER - CONTROL - PERFOMANCE
|-||- 1340 ccm - 4 cylinders in line|
|- Normal||- 44 hp at 4000 rpm|
|- 2116 lb||- 3 gears|
|-||- 75 mph|
|- 1948||- 4250 mm x 1470 mm x 1520 mm|